Tuesday, December 1, 2009

COGNOS 8.3 sqlPrepareWithOptions status=’-9’




We came across this issue very recently when we updated over ODBC driver from 3.51.12 to 3.51.27. The main reason why we upgraded the ODBC was because of the ‘Auto Reconnect’ property that is available. Especially when pulling large DB and network issues, it is advised that we have this new ODBC which can reconnect automatically when the connection is lost due to network problem or large data size.
Anyways, coming back to the error message here; the framework was also throwing this error and I was thinking that it was something to do with the joins. But later found out that, when a filter is added on to the query subject and this filter has ‘=’ to the prompt ([service date] = ?date_prompt?) then SQL bind parameter issue was coming up. So I changes it to ‘IN’ instead and things started working properly.

Even though I made the changes in the framework, the reports were still having issues. I had to changes all the filters in the errors to ‘IN’ from ‘=’ in place where the prompt was considering a ‘numeric’ filter.

I don’t know if this is best solution and the only solution to the problem but temporarily I am able to run the reports. I am pretty sure I did see this issue before for which I had a different solution then.

No comments: