Monday, November 1, 2010

IBM COGNOS 8.4 – aggregate currentMeasure within detail error / not totaling properly



One of my friend called me the other day and explained me a situation where the sum of a row wasn’t right. It wasn’t very clear when he initially explained the issue to me and so I asked him to email me a screen shot (the image I have put up here.)
When I first looked at the screen shot, it looked fishy to me but flashed to me instantly that this should be a report studio error and that they would have changed the property of the data item. So I emailed him back with a screen shot of the property column that should be updated
Solution  Change the property of the Summary / Aggregate (Appointment Date)
Aggregate Function --- Calculated
Roll Up Aggregate --- Total
That did the trick !!!!!

No comments: